Administrator Error - Cannot approve new members

Started by DorsetDave, February 13, 2016, 06:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DorsetDave

I am the Administrator for a Football Club Forum but am relinquishing the post. Another person is taking over and I have made him a joint Administrator until he learns the ropes.
However when he signs on he cannot approve new members and is told he needs a password. This  comes up on the error log as critical. I am still fine myself but I cannot be deleted as an Administrator until he can access all areas.
Hope I am on the right Board for help. Thanks

Illori

does this user not know his own password? that is what he should be putting in the box.

DorsetDave

Many thanks for your prompt reply. If he is an Administrator then why should he be asked for a password. As the original Administrator myself I just go straight through after clicking on the 'new member awaiting approval' line.

Illori

to enter the admin panel you need to enter your password for security. if you are just logging into the forum sometimes it does not prompt you to enter the password as you just logged in.

DorsetDave

Thanks. I am only in contact with him by email and he states "I click on the new member waiting and it sends me to login" I will therefore have to get some more info from him. Incidentally I have found out it says he has all permissions as an Administrator. Will come back to this post when I have more info. Thanks

Steve

It is as Illori said. To perform an admin function, one is going to be asked for their login password in most cases.
DO NOT pm me for support!

DorsetDave

I saw him briefly on Saturday. He said after he has logged in and clicked on ' new member awaiting approval' it logs him off and takes him to the original login again. i.e. going round in circles.

Anyway I am going round to see him on Friday 19th Feb 2016 so I can see what is happening on his PC and try to resolve the issue.

Will come back here if I need help but any advice in the meantime would be appreciated

Steve

Quote from: DorsetDave on February 14, 2016, 02:02:18 PMI saw him briefly on Saturday. He said after he has logged in and clicked on ' new member awaiting approval' it logs him off and takes him to the original login again. i.e. going round in circles.

Ah. Hopefully one of the gurus will be able to help ya out.

Does your host have mod_security installed and will they disable it to see if it affects this problem?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: