News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.0.11 upgrade stuck

Started by Tushka154, February 13, 2016, 11:26:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tushka154

Hi all,

I've been trying to upgrade our forum from 1.0.23 to the latest 2.0.11 with the Large Upgrade, but I'm stuck at one point from where I cannot proceed.

Overall process: 56%
Step process: 38%
Elapsed time: 238 minutes, 32 seconds.
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 1 of 2.
Executing: "Updating search cache..." (14 of 19 - of this script)

Error!
Server has not responded for 30 seconds. It may be worth waiting a little longer or otherwise please click here to try this step again

I've looked through the forums but didn't find a solution yet, so if there is one somewhere, can you please show me?

Both the files and the database have been backed up. The SQL backup is about 20MB, so I guess the upgrade shouldn't be running for 4 hours...

What I did:

• Downloaded the latest Large Upgrade with the corresponding Language Pack (Hungarian)
  • Did 2 Database backups (one from PhpMyAdmin and one from the forum itself
  • Set 777 permission for the Settings.php file
  • Copied the whole forum folder onto my desktop via FTP
  • Copied the new forum files onto the server, than ran the upgrade.php, with backing up the current database, putting the forum into Maintenance mode and outputing extra debug information

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

Sir Osis of Liver

Server is timing out the upgrade script.  What happens when you click to continue?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Tushka154

Nothing happens unfortunately...
It's been running for 488 mins, 17 secs now.

Sir Osis of Liver

Have you tried restarting it?

- R. Waters

Tushka154

Yes, it stuck again at the very same step.

Tushka154

Sir Osis of Liver

Empty your error log, then go to Admin -> Forum Maintenance and Empty out unimportant logs and Empty the file cache.  How big is your database?

- R. Waters

Tushka154

Did all that, still stuck at the same step.
SQL dump is 20MB.

Feels like we're running out of options :(

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in Admin -> Search -> Search Method.  Are you using Fulltext index?  How large is it?

- R. Waters

Tushka154

I don't think I understand the question...?
I cannot find this in the Admin panel (version 1.0) and right before the halt, the last output message is "Rebuilding fulltext index...done"

Sir Osis of Liver

'Rebuilding fulltext index' and 'Updating search cache' and are run in upgrade_1-1.sql.  First is successful, second fails every time.  Both may be related to a large fulltext index that's causing the server to timeout the script.  If you look in Admin -> Forum -> Search -> Search Method (in 1.1.x and 2.0 x), there's an option for 'Fulltext index' which, if checked, displays size of the index, and an option to remove it.  I've never seen or worked with 1.0.x branch, so don't know if it has same feature. 

Might be a better idea to restore the original forum from backups, and try upgrading with 1.1.21 upgrade package.  If it works, you should then be able to upgrade from 1.1.21 to 2.0.11.

- R. Waters

Tushka154

I didn't see the fulltext index option in the 1.0 version.

I was also thinking about upgrading to 1.1.x and then to 2.0.x, will try it tomorrow.

margarett

Yes, you should that. I can't explain why but it seems that in some (strange) cases the direct upgrade to 2.0.x (from 1.0.x) doesn't really work...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: