News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

possible mod auto ban?

Started by xena1997, February 16, 2016, 02:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xena1997

hello friends and can hack to automatically banned?

I saw this mod to vbulletin forum

need to ban a person who just automatically excluded from the forum does double registration with same ip or persons etc ...

thanks

DasVON

Kindred

why would you need a mod to do that? SMF handles bans like that by default
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

xena1997

Quote from: Kindred on February 16, 2016, 07:44:06 PM
why would you need a mod to do that? SMF handles bans like that by default

Can you explain better?

p.s I'm looking for a mod that autobanned users who have been banned from forums or making double registration or use of proxy
I would like there to the mod vbulletin

regards

Illori

i think kindred is a bit confused. SMF by default will never auto ban anyone for any reason unless a mod is in use.

Kindred

no, I am not confused... although it would seem that my response was not clear.

SMF, by default, handles bans by IP, host, email and username  - which davVON seemed to be suggesting, needed a mod.

SMF does not (and never should, as a feature) do auto-ban. --- but that's OK, since you posted in mod requests, not feature requests. :)

However, it does raise the important question of why do you think that you need an auto-ban anyway?   It is almost certainly prone to ban actual users at some point...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

xena1997

ok no problem thanks  :P

that you know there is a mod GeoIP Detection?

blueshack

Quote from: Kindred on February 17, 2016, 08:04:08 AM
However, it does raise the important question of why do you think that you need an auto-ban anyway?   It is almost certainly prone to ban actual users at some point...

Hello

I just stumbled over this post.

I'm looking exact for this kind of mod.
for example:
lets say you have a closed forum for some purpose. It is important that the user must login a least every 100 days.
So I want to autban them if they dont login during this time.

And what I would like to have is a column im "viewmembers" where I see if a user is banned or not. (e.g. when I sort=last_active)

And I would like to have an mod-overview of mods for 'ban' - actions

thank you

Advertisement: