Really need some help

Started by sheoldreams, February 17, 2016, 03:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheoldreams

Hey all,

First of all, I'd like to say I really appreciate the team / everyone that has made smf happen.
Secondly, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong area. =]

I'm working with my site on a localhost for the time being, and I'm having some issues with certain element I can't figure out. I'ts the white part on the website which you will be able to see in the image. I don't know if it's the portal doing it, but I have looked through the css over and over, turns out its not actually white its fafafa and yes I've looked for that and found nothing. Please help.

regards

br360

This looks like an issue with the theme you are using, and the best bet would be to probably ask for advice in that theme's support topic as hopefully the author of the theme (or someone else that uses it) might be able to help.

That being said; In your index.css, look for-

.windowbg, #preview_body
{

In the default theme it looks like this-

.windowbg, #preview_body
{
color: #000;
background-color: #e7eaef;
}

It's possible in the theme you are using, you may have a line right underneath that with something like "border: 7px"... try removing that in your developing tools (inspect element in chrome or firebug) and see if that helps.

Good luck and welcome to SMF by the way. :)

sheoldreams

So, I inspected the element with firebug, and I found the problem. Just modify the Height part to 0 to remove it.

.windowbg span.topslice
{
   display: block;
   padding-left: 20px;
   background: url(../images/theme/main_block1.png) 0 -30px no-repeat;
}
.windowbg span.topslice span
{
   background: url(../images/theme/main_block1.png) 100% -30px no-repeat;
   height: 0px;
}
.windowbg span.botslice
{
   padding-left: 20px;
   background: url(../images/theme/main_block1.png) 0 -40px no-repeat;
   font-size: 5px;
   line-height: 5px;
   margin-bottom: 0.2em;
}

Cheers Mate.

Kindred

that's kinda hackish --and not the best way to deal with it - but if you're happy with it, so be it. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: