News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

The SMF project welcomes Suki as the new PM!

Started by Kindred, February 17, 2016, 07:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

The SMF project recently had its annual elections for the PM position.

After many years in the position (albeit with a short break) I have stepped down as Project Manager of the Simple Machines Forum project. I will continue to be involved with the project, providing support and what-have-you, but I don't feel that I have the time to commit to the PM role.

Suki - a long-time team member who has "worked" on the support team, the customization team and has been one of the key developers in the support of the 2.0.x branch and the ongoing development of the upcoming 2.1 branch - was elected as the Project Manager of SMF.

Suki is well respected by the team and the community in general. She has some great ideas and excellent goals - and, actually, will be the first active developer who has taken on the role of PM.

I look forward to seeing her lead the project into the next release and beyond.

Please join me in welcoming and congratulating the new Project Manager.

--Kindred
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Looking

Thanks for your work Kindred. Congrats Suki, I hope you don't bite as hard as I've seen.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Antes

LiroyvH

Thank you Kindred for the many years of doing a great job; and congrats & welcome to Suki! :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

SaltedWeb

Seems like the perfect fits for sure, congrats Suki. and Thank You Kindred for all you have done here for everyone.
What we often may forget is SMF is free and remains a top user software because of such dedication that persons like Suki and Kindred bring to the table I am truly grateful. And again thank you.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Ronald_1938

Thanks Kindred for all the great service you have provide to many of us..

Congratulations to Suki for accepting the position. I wish her the best on this endeavour..

Ron..

Bigguy

You did good as PM Kindred, thanks for all you have done. Congrats Suki on the promotion.

nsno

excellent news!

Suki is a wonderful coder and will be a great PM

Also thanks to Kindred for all his work over the years

Chen Zhen

I extend warmest felicitations to Suki as the new Project Manager.
Imo this is a well deserved promotion/title.

Regards.

My SMF Mods & Plug-Ins

WebDev

"Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune." - Noam Chomsky

HDB

Thank you Kindred for all your contributions!

Congratulations to you Suki!

butchs

All hail our new glorious leader Suki!  May your luck be bountiful and your endeavors be prosperous!
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Dzonny

GQCritic

Wonderful news!

Thank you, Kindred for all of your hard work and congratulations, Suki!

4Kstore

¡¡NEW MOD: Sparkles User Names!!!

Diego Andrés

Long time without seeing such a big change.
Congratulations to Suki, wishing all the luck.

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

Shambles

It's always good to keep freshening things up.

But what does this mean to the general public, to which this notice is targeted? Will anything change?

Advertisement: