SMF developer question: How long does it take for mods to be approved?

Started by Wellwisher, February 23, 2016, 04:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

Quote from: Wellwisher on February 29, 2016, 08:52:49 PM
@Kindred I already got my answer from Illori 6 months to a year for a mod approval.

i NEVER said how long exactly it would take to get approval. so you are wrong there. i said it would take time as we are volunteers but i never said it would take 6 months or a year to get approval.

Bloc

Quote from: Illori on March 01, 2016, 05:15:27 AM
@Kindred I already got my answer from Illori 6 months to a year for a mod approval.

i NEVER said how long exactly it would take to get approval. so you are wrong there. i said it would take time as we are volunteers but i never said it would take 6 months or a year to get approval.

True.

VBgamer stated it took 3-6 months - without any real explanation of how he came to that figure.

Later Wellwisher stated 3 weeks to 6 months..and now its 6 months to a year lol. It keeps getting longer the more its mentioned! :D

Antes

Quote from: Bjorn67 on March 01, 2016, 02:20:22 PM

True.

VBgamer stated it took 3-6 months - without any real explanation of how he came to that figure.

Later Wellwisher stated 3 weeks to 6 months..and now its 6 months to a year lol. It keeps getting longer the more its mentioned! :D

Actually we are not approving mods, a magical unicorn visiting our site in every 6 months and approving mods...

* antes feels he spoiled something...

Colin

The customization team has been rather busy with real life things in the past few weeks. Things are starting to clear up now. You should hear back soon if you haven't already on any submitted mods :). Thanks for your patience.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Wellwisher

That's true, I must call in my "bad there" folks, my apologies.  :) @Illori said it would take as long as it takes - so I put together a worse case scenario of 6 months from VBgamer statement.  I added another 6 months because the likelyhood of new developers getting their mods wrong would be high. Hence 6 months to a year.

3 to 6 months is what @VBgamer mentioned. He is an established developer and since he goes through this process many times back and fourth - there's no reason for me to doubt him.  ;)

Kindred

Well, it's not actually a very valid statement. He was exaggerating, a lot.... And your exaggeration of his was well and truly a silly statement

It depends on the current customization team...  But also on whether the mod has issues that need to be fixed.  For example, several of dougiefresh's mods were approved right away, since they were cleanly coded and covered all requirements.  Other mods take months of back and forth because the mod author can't seem to get things right or take their own sweet time fixing the issues reported by the team
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Quote from: Wellwisher on March 01, 2016, 09:17:19 PMThat's true, I must call in my "bad there" folks, my apologies.  :) @Illori said it would take as long as it takes - so I put together a worse case scenario of 6 months from VBgamer statement.  I added another 6 months because the likelyhood of new developers getting their mods wrong would be high. Hence 6 months to a year.

Misquoting is bad form, as I'm sure you realize now. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: