News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Converting yuku theme to SMF theme?

Started by Lauda Cavataio, February 26, 2016, 04:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lauda Cavataio

Is it possible to convert a yuku theme to be used on a SMF (specifically, 2.0.5 right now)?

Back on the old forum, we had a custom made theme by our owner which was left behind following conversion (everything else has been done) so I was wondering if there was  a way to convert just the old theme so it could be installed and used on our SMF forum.

Following our conversion we had help from a former member who didn't quite explain things to us. This is an issue, we're currently still learning a lot of things on our own which isn't easy after having used yuku for such a long time.

So far, I've found a lot of ways to convert the entire site, but nothing on how to convert the theme so it could be usable.

Extracted version is .xml but that alone gives me a broken theme if used.

Antes

Converting theme to upper versions or from another software is possible. But its completely up to your skills. Its a wrong method to use old theme files and try to adapt it to new version. You'll be better with using default theme of SMF 2.0 as base (clone theme) and do changes on it.

note: please update your forum to SMF 2.0.11 asap.

Lauda Cavataio

Alright, I can give that a try. Thanks.

And yes, update forthcoming in shortest time possible, owner's been slightly busy.

Advertisement: