News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I found a bug today.

Started by Raion@BV, March 04, 2016, 05:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raion@BV

This happened when I was on this forum.  It's funny, because I experience this same problem with MY forum sometimes, or rather, something of a similar bent.

This is not a call for action; I was just amused and slightly gratified to find out that this sort of thing isn't due to a special problem with my own forum.  I thought I'd been doing something wrong; apparently it's just a sort of unavoidable quirk of the software.

lntit

I got that many times today.

Raion@BV

Quote from: lntit on March 04, 2016, 05:12:13 PM
I got that many times today.

Brother, that happens on my forum from time to time.

Irisado

It's not a bug.  Exactly what's causing it is for someone more qualified than me to explain, but the Team is aware that it is happening.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Raion@BV

Quote from: Irisado on March 04, 2016, 05:28:19 PM
It's not a bug.  Exactly what's causing it is for someone more qualified than me to explain, but the Team is aware that it is happening.

Didn't think so.  I was unsure of where to put it, but there is no "General SMF Discussion" subfora, unless I'm missing something, or should have put it in General Chit-Chat.

I seem to recall someone telling me, when I spoke about the similar problem my forum had, that it is due to heavy server load, and not at all anything to do with the forum software.

Colin

Yep, this is not a bug. This is when the server load becomes too high so SMF declines the request until the load goes below a configurable threshold. Should be sorted out now here.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Irisado

Quote from: Raion@BV on March 04, 2016, 05:43:13 PM
Didn't think so.  I was unsure of where to put it, but there is no "General SMF Discussion" subfora, unless I'm missing something, or should have put it in General Chit-Chat.

It's in the right place here :).
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: