News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Move Topic Default: No Redirection Post

Started by Deprecated, March 05, 2016, 12:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Cool. As I never use leave redirection posts this will be very handy. Thanks for doing it. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Deprecated

Thanks Steve! I've been cleaning up after my overzealous Gmod who is quite a good Gmod but he has this thing for always leaving redirections. There are of course reasons for doing so, but in most cases the redirection adds nothing to my forum. After a year of zapping them I suddenly got the idea! Why not just switch the default?

And voilà, we are now freed from unchecking the "leave a direction post" checkbox, and also cleaning up after the rest of the crew too!

The best part is that there are no settings. If you change your mind, just uninstall the mod and SMF's default behavior will be restored.

Enjoy! :)

badon

Thank you for this very simple and practical mod.

Deprecated

You are welcome. So simple, yet it fixes the problem of over-zealous mods and admins. I think the clutter of unnecessary forwards looks ugly, and I like a neat, orderly appearance for my forum.

And best of all, it mostly cured my admin of unnecessary forwards. Now I have to start fwapping my mods. Unfortunately, being they are volunteer positions, I can't withhold their paychecks! ROFL

Yep, got a great forum. I pay the server rent and everybody rides for free. Oh well...

Advertisement: