News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Background picture

Started by bharat, March 15, 2016, 11:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bharat

Can you help me to change the background of my forum from color-code to picture? If it's possible to send me a new code/script, I'll be very grateful.

Kindred

well, alot of it will depend on what THEME you are running...

the basic of it is: add a background image statement to the body CSS tag in index.css

but that may not have the full effect you are looking for, depending on the theme you are using.
Unless you are using the default theme, you should probably ask in the support topic for that theme
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bharat

Thanks a lot for your reply, I am using default theme, do I need to ask in a support topic?

Kindred

Please do not cross post....  (topics merged)

looks like the default theme is using

background: #E9EEF2 url("../images/theme/backdrop.png") repeat-x;

so, just change the filename to point to yours
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

-Rock Lee-

You should look at your index.css the theme you're using and then look:

background: #E9EEF2 url(../images/theme/backdrop.png) repeat-x;

Simply you replace the url of the image and should change what you want. If you want color, simply put the hexadecimal code or rgb!

Regards!!!

Note: Take the example of the default theme background smf

I see already asked support another topic ...
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

bharat

I changed already backdrop.png but the picture appeared only on the top. I want to put a picture, not a color only.

Kindred

well, as I said -- there are layers of divs, etc over the top of the body background...

it sounds like you want something other than the default theme that makes the background image more visible
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

I just want to put a background picture which will appear on the whole screen instead a color like I have now.

Kindred

Quote from: Kindred on March 15, 2016, 12:06:09 PM
well, as I said -- there are layers of divs, etc over the top of the body background...

it sounds like you want something other than the default theme that makes the background image more visible
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

I didn't really understand is it possible to do that or not?

Kindred

you have to modify a bunch of areas which have solid color or image backgrounds...

Adding the background to the body will replace the gradiated blue background to the edges (like on this site)

if you want MORE of your background exposed, then you have to start messing with the CSS in various OTHER parts of the forum.
You can do that (firefox+firebug is your friend)
but it would probably be easier for you to find a new theme that already exposes more background and then use that as a base to that with
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

Is there any ready code that we can change in our script file?

Kindred

well **YOU** can change whatever you like.
As I said before --- Firefox+firebug is your friend for figuring out what CSS affects what area of the page.

However, WE already pointed you to the bit that you have to change to make the background image present.  If that isn't enough, and you can't figure the rest out, then you need to be ALOT MORE SPECIFIC about what else you want to change.  Just saying "I want more background to show" is absolutely useless
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

As you can see on this example http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=download;lemma=2533;id=15173;image there is a design around and not just a color, that's what I want to do on our site.

Kindred

1- actually no...    I don't see any design around the background of that theme.
2- If you like that theme, then why don't you USE that theme instead of trying to manually, bit-by-bit, change the default theme into something else?
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

I was talking about grey flowers around. Well, I don't want to change anything because we changed colors already and I prefer to keep them.

bharat

Is it possible to add such a design like on the theme I posted earlier? I am talking about grey color around and some design on it.

Kindred

YES... We have already told you.

Quote from: Kindred on March 15, 2016, 11:42:01 AM
looks like the default theme is using

background: #E9EEF2 url("../images/theme/backdrop.png") repeat-x;

so, just change the filename to point to yours

Слaва
Украинi

bharat

I told you earlier when I change backdrop.png it doesn't add the picture everywhere, only on the top but in this grey color design is everywhere and not only on the top.

Kindred

oh...   I assumed that you would look at a CSS tutorial...

change the repeat-x to just repeat
Слaва
Украинi

bharat

Thanks a lot for your reply, now everything is fine.

Advertisement: