News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom search box

Started by manki, March 17, 2016, 03:44:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manki

Hi, first time poster here.

I have a situation where I would like to have a custom search box, let's say under a shoutbox.

I have a fantasy league with teams and their player roster.
Lets say that I have 4 boards and one of the boards (Team roster) contains these rosters in two child boards (blue league and red league).
Each child board has 10 topics, with each topic being named after a team and containing players which are owned by that team.

I would to use this custom search box to search only in specific child boards (blue and red league) against players to check if they are already taken.
I was able to setup a block with a search box, position it and name it how I wanted (named it Player search), but I wasn't able to istruct it to search in these specific boards only.
Is it possible to setup this so members dont have to use advanced search or drop down to this.board to search it?

Am using Simple Portal version 2.3.6 and 2.0.11 SMF.
Please let me know if you need more details or information on this.
Thanks

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

manki

I can honestly say that I checked Google for a while before posting here and looked at a few mods.

I also admit that I've read the description for that mod too, but only now did I see that I am able to setup the box where to look at.  :-[

Thanks a lot, I will put this mod to the test and post back :)

manki

Just installed it and set it up on a test forum.

This mod has the option to add boards where to look more specifically, but it adds these options to the dropdown menu.

So my dropdown menu looks like this:

• Player roster
  • Player roster
  • Entire forum
  • Google

It's not a mistake as both child boards are named "Player roster" (one in "Blue league" board, the other in "Red league")
Although it's a solution, it's not exactly what I want.

The ability to join these 2 child boards in the modification settings to a group and then to be able to search would be amazing.

Again, thanks for the suggestion but let's see if there is a solution I want to this. :)

Kindred

well, you should probably ask in the mod support topic to see if anyone who uses the mod (or the author) can help you with the specific coding for enhancing that mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

manki

OK, will do as you suggested :)

Advertisement: