News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What do you think of this post template change?

Started by Biology Forums, March 17, 2016, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Hi, I've always felt SMF's stock post.template.php display was uninviting (or bland).

Here's what I did:

Changed all BBC buttons into PNG icons and pure CSS - no more javascript.
Added up and down arrows to the textarea - javascript-based.
Placed the extra options/attachments into a divider that can be toggled

Hours spent: 24 hours + 3/4 hours fixing bugs.

I've noticed an increase in topics generated after the change - up nearly 7-10 a day.

Hope this inspires... :)

Shambles

Good idea and your website looks great.

(Should this really be in "Theme Previews" though?)

JBlaze

Quote from: Shambles on March 17, 2016, 03:13:55 PM
(Should this really be in "Theme Previews" though?)

I don't see why not. It technically is a preview of a theme, albeit not a publicly available one :)
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

guyfriendly

Neat looking home page. What mods or portal did you use for that? How did you get your boards to look like that bro?

Biology Forums

Give me an example of what you're referring to exactly

BensonMark

Grammy

Love this, but wish the file edits had been shared.   :)

Biology Forums

They're too involved, that's the problem. I don't mind sharing my post.template.php, but there are so many custom edits involving other mods, it would just confused people that would read it. In addition, it involves major edits to the style sheet and new images.

Just a pain in the neck. What inspired this look was 2.1's version, all I did was put my twist to it

Grammy

Quote from: Stylus on June 14, 2016, 01:55:08 AM
They're too involved, that's the problem. I don't mind sharing my post.template.php, but there are so many custom edits involving other mods, it would just confused people that would read it. In addition, it involves major edits to the style sheet and new images.

Just a pain in the neck. What inspired this look was 2.1's version, all I did was put my twist to it

It's very nice!   :)

Advertisement: