News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Hiding Info Center From Guests?

Started by Simple Machinist, March 18, 2016, 04:54:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple Machinist

I saw some much older posts about how to edit some of the code in the BoardIndex.template.php file in order to hide the entire Info Center at the bottom of the forum from guests. I want to prevent guests from seeing how many people are online on the site, most users online today, most users online ever, etc.

The code I saw provided though doesn't exist in my BoardIndex.template.php for some reason.

Can anyone please kindly provide an updated code change to hide the Info Center at the bottom from the forum from Guests?

I am running SMF 1.1.21 and the Themis theme by Bloc.

Cheers.

Simple Machinist

Never mind. Thank you anyway. I figured it out.

In case anyone wants to know the answer, I added the following code:

($context['user']['is_logged'])

I added it in various places before the echos and it got rid of it all the bits and pieces of info from the info center for guests.

trilok

Thanks but unfortunately the Code doesn't work for me ,I logged off and as a guest I could still see info centre - any updates? :(

Simple Machinist

Attached is my BoardIndex.template.php file. If you are running a custom theme then you will probably need to make the edits to the BoardIndex.template.php file in your custom theme's folder and not the sites default theme.

Take my file and do a code search in the file for ($context['user']['is_logged']) and you will see all the places I added the code. I think there are 10 places total where I added it.

Make sure you add the word "if" in front of the code too when you add it to your file. You will see it all in my file.

You can see my site running at www.photographythailand.com/forum and it is working fine. The Info Center is completely gone for guests. But you see it as normal when you are logged into my forum as a member.

Hope that helps...

Advertisement: