News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Material Recent Post template - Opinions wanted

Started by nend, March 20, 2016, 05:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nend

Hi, I started changing my recent post template but I am unsure if I like the outcome.

This is similar to what I had before, show user post template.

This is what I was aiming for, my unread template.

And this is what I have now.

I like it, but it just looks off, maybe the rounded edges, something is bugging me.  :-\

nend

I think I am somewhat satisfied with the outcome now.

Moved the author by the time and added some extra query data to only show post made by buddies.

Anybody, what do you think?

Final attached.

margarett

I always like different layouts (from default) so I like it. A small observation: the post # on the right might benefit from some "love". It looks very "disconnected" from the page layout (and it's really big)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

nend

Quote from: margarett on March 21, 2016, 07:57:41 PM
I always like different layouts (from default) so I like it. A small observation: the post # on the right might benefit from some "love". It looks very "disconnected" from the page layout (and it's really big)
Thanks for the feedback.

I actually got rid of the post # thing, couldn't figure out why it was there and what use it actually servers. Then after a few template tweaks, that corner looked empty so I just stuck it in the corner. I'll have to think this one over, I have no clue right now what to do with that space.

Biology Forums

Nend, you should consider adding text-shadows and box shadows to your divs... it adds a nice artistic touch and finish

Advertisement: