Top Of Page Border/Margin Missing

Started by Simple Machinist, March 22, 2016, 05:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple Machinist

On my site it seems there is no border or margin at all above my Topbar and the Topbar is pressed right up against the edge of the browser's website display area at the top.

Perhaps I removed it accidentally when I made some code edits in the past. 

Is there a way I can add it back in by editing the code on either the BoardIndex.template.php or the index.template.php on my theme?

Many thanks.

Illori

can you provide a link to your forum so we can see the issue?

Pipke

in your index.template.php you have(put) a costum div

<div style="margin-top: 0px; padding-top: 5px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;   background-color: #ffffff; margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 10px; border-left: solid 1px black;   border-top: solid 0px black; border-right: solid 1px black;   margin-bottom: 0px; border-bottom: solid 1px black;"> <div>

change the inline style of the div,  border-top: solid 0px black; to border-top: solid 1px black; for a total black border line.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Simple Machinist

Perfect, thank you so much. I am not sure how it got that way, but i fixed it now and it looks much better with your code change. I also changed margin-top: 0px; to margin-top: 6px; to give it a bit of breathing room at the top as well. All looks much better now in my opinion. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Advertisement: