How to allow for members to post videos in post?..

Started by danster, March 23, 2016, 11:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danster

Hi.!
I'm using smf 2.0.11 and i like to post videos on my forum i try to make it and it's working
i added video embed code with tag between  embed code  like that it's working perfectly
but it's working only admin
so i just want to allow my registered members also can post videos like that..

please can some one help me to change that permission to allow members posting videos

thank you..

Kindred

if you are using a mod -- then you should ask in the specific topic dedicated to supporting that specific mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

danster

Hi  Kindred..,

Thank you for reply me..

NO i don't use any specific mod for embed video i just only enabled simple html code in post from forum post settings
and then put the video embed code between  embed code  like this and it's working but only for me
for members cannot do like this i'm asking is there any way to fix this issue..
if you can please help me to fix this

Thank you

Pipke

BB Codes

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/HTML says:

description: Allows raw HTML to be used directly within a post.
example: <em>Direct <del>html</del> <ins>HTML</ins> output</em>
result: Direct html HTML output

Note that only administrators may use this BBcode.

To achieve what you want is possible with a mod.
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

danster

Thank you for reply me
then I try to find a mod and i found one called Simple Audio Video Embedder and installed that mod and
i really don't have an idea how to use it i mean after install that mod i try to post a video in the forum post
i used one video embed code and paste it into the post but nothing happen it's displaying only the code i inserted as text line and
no video embed

so please if you guys know how to inset video embed code with that mod please help me..

sorry for asking the mod question in this area

thank you...

Pipke

Quote from: danster on March 24, 2016, 05:56:28 AM
Thank you for reply me
then I try to find a mod and i found one called Simple Audio Video Embedder and installed that mod and
i really don't have an idea how to use it i mean after install that mod i try to post a video in the forum post
i used one video embed code and paste it into the post but nothing happen it's displaying only the code i inserted as text line and
no video embed

so please if you guys know how to inset video embed code with that mod please help me..

sorry for asking the mod question in this area

thank you...

support for that mod can be found here
"If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry: Worry never fixes anything."

Click here to view my mods for SMF

Hey 👋 Did i helped... you like what i do. You can now buy me a coffee! ☕

Steve

As this problem has been resolved in the mod support thread, I'll mark this solved.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Siirist

Quote from: Steve on March 24, 2016, 05:12:10 PM
As this problem has been resolved in the mod support thread, I'll mark this solved.
Bringing this back to life, because I do NOT want to install any more Mods on my forum.

Quote from: Pipke on March 24, 2016, 03:48:03 AM
BB Codes

Where do I put the iframe / "code"?

Here is the embed code I got from FaceBook.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsuzanne.brean%2Fvideos%2Fvb.100000182789487%2F1363377960344950%2F%3Ftype%3D3&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Thank you in advance for information on how to do this.

Be Well,
Siriist
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

lurkalot

just stick it between these html tags [html]your code here[/html]

Like this.

[html]<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fsuzanne.brean%2Fvideos%2Fvb.100000182789487%2F1363377960344950%2F%3Ftype%3D3&show_text=0&width=560" width="560" height="315" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>[/html]

Kindred

Of course that only works for an admin user.

Why this prejudice against mods?

I had one forum with over 200 mods installed..  and it worked perfectly
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Siirist

PERFECT!!!   :D

Thank you lurkalot!!!  ;D

**********************************************************************************

What confused me was the seeming "in-correct" coding posted by
Quote from: Pipke on March 24, 2016, 03:48:03 AM
BB Codes

versus
[html]your link here[/html]

**********************************************************************************

I don't get it. It seems that http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/HTML is sending users the wrong way.

Sincerely,
Siriist
PS - Those that know something I am missing and have the power, may strike-out the erroneous portion of my reply.
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

Siirist

Quote from: Kindred on May 26, 2016, 02:49:42 PM
Of course that only works for an admin user.

Why this prejudice against mods?

I had one forum with over 200 mods installed..  and it worked perfectly

I simply choose NOT to have members posting / embedding videos on the forum, and this is the way to ensure that.

It seems that as I recall from all these days gone by that over and over again, it was stated that:
1) Mods can cause other Mods to not work
2) or installing a Mod would cause problems with a Mod already installed
3) or a user needed to install Mods in a particular order

Just the way I remember it. However, I go all the way back to ver. 1.1

Just My Thoughts From The Tornado In My Mind,
Siriist
Needed information:

Kindred

Some mods do not work well together... some need a little massaging to work with others...
True...

But, you almosy always get errors during the install process which lets you know there is some overlap.   It is not a reason to avoid mods just because they are mods
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: