News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Parallel English-French Forums

Started by GordonM, October 25, 2005, 07:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GordonM

I would like to run parallel forums in English and French.  Does this require two separate installations ... can two installations be made on one server, or must I run the two sites on two separate servers.

Thank you
GordonM

Oldiesmann

You can install two copies of SMF on the same server. Just make sure they're in seperate folders and that they're either on seperate databases or you're using a different database prefix for the second one.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

GordonM

Thank you for the quick response, Michael.  I'll give it a try.

GordonM

GordonM

Oldiesmann (or anyone else who might wish to comment), when you say "Just make sure they're in seperate folders and that they're either on seperate databases or you're using a different database prefix for the second one", do you mean installing MySQL twice, or is it a matter of having two separate SMF folders within the MySQL "data" folder, i.e. SMF1 and SMF2, rather than just SMF.  I suspec that it is the latter.  It's a while since I installed SMF, so I forget what questions options exist during the installation.

Thank you
Gordon

JayBachatero

Different folders as in /public_html/forum_one and /public_html/forum_two and on the installation it asks for prefix make sure they are something like smf1_ and smf2_. thats to install on the same database.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Advertisement: