News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Wordpress Bridge

Started by Jade Elizabeth, March 27, 2016, 02:43:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

It's really frustrating that nothing is working.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3008
That doesn't work. It's not showing me any WP roles and when logged out it doesn't allow you to log back in, saying you've reached your threshold! Doesn't matter if you go in via the forum or the blog, you're locked out. Brilliant.

https://github.com/xchwarze/WP2SMFBridge
https://github.com/xchwarze/SMF2WPBridge
These also don't work, I get errors because I exist already. I tried deleting myself and it did nothing anyway. No one was moved to WP at all, and no one was moved to SMF.

This isn't fun. Does anyone have a solution please?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Gluz

I just installed in one of my forums WP to replace my portal, and the other admin want the users to be shared, so I install the github MODs and they need some tweeks, because right away didn't work.

Right now I'm in testing state yet, but It works to login and create users if not exist) and logout users in WP when they login in SMF, and if they logout in WP they will be loged out in SMF. I set WP to require login to publish comments and redirected the WP login to the SMF login page.

The only thing that is missing is the roles, there are no way to that MODs to set the roles in WP based in the SMF primary group and viceversa, and is the thing that I'm testing but my code modifications are not working at all in that.

Also, the WP user table only have the admin at firs, and have the same name as the SMF one, because if it's different it creates a new user with the default role (that is set default to subscriptor).

I think you need to uninstall the first MOD you installed and try with the other ones (one MOD in SMF, one Plugin in WP) and make the changes that I did at least to have the login and user creation done, then investigate (or help me to figure it out and send it to the author in githib) the WP Role assignation bassed on SMF primary group.

live627

Quotewhen logged out it doesn't allow you to log back in, saying you've reached your threshold! Doesn't matter if you go in via the forum or the blog, you're locked out
How many times did you try  to login?

Jade Elizabeth

Quote from: live627 on March 28, 2016, 01:41:52 AM
Quotewhen logged out it doesn't allow you to log back in, saying you've reached your threshold! Doesn't matter if you go in via the forum or the blog, you're locked out
How many times did you try  to login?

None, I was logged out, clicking login would do it. Clicking logout would do it. It's because of the WP login redirect, once I removed it and cleared cookies I was ok.

Quote from: Gluz on March 27, 2016, 02:23:08 PM
I just installed in one of my forums WP to replace my portal, and the other admin want the users to be shared, so I install the github MODs and they need some tweeks, because right away didn't work.

Right now I'm in testing state yet, but It works to login and create users if not exist) and logout users in WP when they login in SMF, and if they logout in WP they will be loged out in SMF. I set WP to require login to publish comments and redirected the WP login to the SMF login page.

The only thing that is missing is the roles, there are no way to that MODs to set the roles in WP based in the SMF primary group and viceversa, and is the thing that I'm testing but my code modifications are not working at all in that.

Also, the WP user table only have the admin at firs, and have the same name as the SMF one, because if it's different it creates a new user with the default role (that is set default to subscriptor).

I think you need to uninstall the first MOD you installed and try with the other ones (one MOD in SMF, one Plugin in WP) and make the changes that I did at least to have the login and user creation done, then investigate (or help me to figure it out and send it to the author in githib) the WP Role assignation bassed on SMF primary group.

I am so glad you're working on it!

The first one seems to be partially working except for the roles....if it just set everyone to a subscriber status that would be fine, then we can use the WP interface to change the rest. It's a small hassle but honestly worth it if it means it's working right! :D

I had to delete the first account so my admin one would move over, but it didn't move the other account I had to create to be the new admin over to SMF so it's only one way - from SMF to WP.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Advertisement: