Top 10 modes? Editors picks?

Started by Mark_2016, March 30, 2016, 06:49:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_2016

So, I installed a SMF and tried couple of Themes. There are so many "mods"... hard to select what is interesting. Some bad theme broke my installation, tho.
Can couple of users post their "Top 10 mods" , with short explanations what they do and why would one need then, that would help. Also some kind of list, "Editors picks" with detail explanation and containing "tested and reliable code" would also be a great help.

Kindred

1- everyone's choice will differ - because everyone's needs and desires differ.
That's why we have mods -- because we keep the core SMF simple.... and the mods add or alter functionality or display to suit differing desires.

2- *ALL* mods available on the SMF mod site are acceptably coded to minimum SMF standards and will install cleanly on the standard SMF installation. The Cusotmization team reviews, tests and confirms every mod we have on our site.
This can not take into account interaction between mods...   we test each mod to install cleanly and work properly on a virgin installation of the codebase.

3- editor's pick would again be pointless -- see item 1.

In other words --   
determine what features you NEED... Find mods that do that. Read the support thread for those mods to make sure it is supported and has no major complaints.
then determine what features you WANT... Find mods that do that...
If you encounter errors, then decide if a) this is a mod that is worth the effort of making it work b) you are willing to put the effort into (and have the skill to) manually make the mod edits.

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS back up before each and every attempt to install a mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: