News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Blank Pages on anything that has to do with action=

Started by crazybithead, April 04, 2016, 01:35:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazybithead

Hello all.  Hoping for a little assistance.  I inherited this board and it is experiencing some troubles.  You can view the board and posts as a guest.  The moment you try and login or search, anything with "?action=****" causes blank pages.  They were running their own theme.  I reset it back to the classic theme.  I have scoured the majority of the blank page posts, but none of the solutions has helped.  Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give.

Forum. 
santacruzguitarplayers.com/scgc-forum/index.php

Version

Don't know where to go looking for the error logs. 

Colin

Hi Crazybithead,

You need to have the copyright displayed when using SMF 1.X. For 2.0 if the copyright is missing we won't offer support, but for 1.X it is a legal requirement. Let's get that sorted out first then we will be more than happy to help with the other issue.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

crazybithead

I can't see where the copyright is missing in the templates.  It is being called and the function is in the table where the mysql, php and other logos are being called.  I searched the function in subs.php and it is still there as well.  Not sure why it is not being displayed. 

Illori

try loading fresh files, including your theme.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

you should also be considering an upgrade to SMF 2.0, which may also fix your issue.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

Kindred

You are missing language files...   this is causing the problem with missing text on your pages as well as the missing copyright.

As Illori says, load clean files...  but probably also upgrade to 2.0.11

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crazybithead

This got the pages back running.  But I still have broken images pointing to an older theme.  Is there a settings file that you make it default to a theme, or is that done in the admin area?  Thank you everyone for your help.

Illori

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF1.1:Themes_and_Layout

Reset everyone to - You can reset all members to a specific theme, regardless of their theme preference. Note that even when this setting is set to No change, all users that have Forum or Board Default set as their theme in their profile will still have their theme changed when the setting Overall forum default is changed.

crazybithead

Getting closer. Thank you again for your assistance.  When I reset the theme it fixes all the graphics, but the admin text disappears, and the copyright message comes back up.  There is a theme installed named "GoldNight2"  When I overwrote the themes folder this one this one is removed. I think this is the default.  When I reset the default it to say "classic" the admin text disappears and such.  Is there another setting for the admin theme that I am missing.  When I apply the "classic" theme the forum itself looks perfect, just the admin section gets jumbled. 

Kindred

there is no separate "admin theme"

SMF uses one theme throughout

It seems that you are overwriting your default theme directory with a custom theme... don't do that.

1- load a fresh set of files.
2- reset everyone to the core theme (which is the "default" theme in 1.1.x) and make that your system default.
3- delete every other theme.
4- upgrade to 2.0.11
5- install a new 2.0.x compatible theme, using the theme manager (not by direct upload)

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

crazybithead

I got it.  The default theme paths had been modified.  Thank you all so much for your help.  I will be doing the upgrade to 2.0.11 tonight. 

Advertisement: