News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Theme Assistance?

Started by i-framed-vader, April 06, 2016, 06:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

i-framed-vader

So I started a roleplay forum about... Maybe a year ago now, and I realized, I have done nothing to make it appealing, I'm using a template that's not too appealing, nothing is set up so I'm starting to work hard on it! I have began to make a theme, and I kinda... Destroyed it... Like, I had to restart my forum because I couldn't get back to change it back... SO

I'm done, I give up, I've tried so many times, and wasted so much time on it, and I'm gonna give in and ask for some help, I was wondering if anyone would be art all interested in helping me make a nice theme for my forum.

ALSO

How do I get rid of some of the buttons that sit on top of my screen? like the "home, help, search, admin, members----" there are too many buttons for my current theme and its hard to click on them 0-0

Kindred

regarding your second question
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Buttons_-_How_do_I_add_buttons_to_SMF_2.0

in reverse...

also... when working with things...
install SMF
BACKUP INSTALL
install a mod or theme
test mod/theme
BACKUP
install a second mod
test
BACKUP

etc etc etc...

that way you never have to start from a base installation -- you just restore the previous backup.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: