Upgrade from 2.07 to latest version if possiable

Started by Johnny B, April 07, 2016, 12:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny B

Hello everyone, installed SMF about 2 months ago via Host Gator panel. Just discovered my install is out of date and want to bring it up to speed. Being it's way out of date I'm thinking it needs to be updated to each version till current, I have no idea as I'm a rookie at this. With that said I went to package manager. There I saw a section called "Latest Packages". Under this block it says:

Memory issues encountered with SMF 2.0.7, some MySQL 5.6 compatibility issues and a rare bug with the memberlist search feature have been fixed. You can install this patch (click here to install) to fix your forum and update it to 2.0.8.

So I clicked and got a ERROR 403 - FORBIDDEN page.

Can anyone assist me what I'm doing wrong? The forum has a few members and about a 100 posts, all I would like to keep.  Thanks in advance.

Illori

download the patches from http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/ and install them with the package manager.

also ask your host to disable mod_security.

Johnny B

Thank you, I made it to SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update then ran into this:

Error in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test failed

Execute Modification    ./Themes/corporate-america_09/Post.template.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/corporate-america_09/Post.template.php    Test failed (Ignore Errors)
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/corporate-america_09/Post.template.php    Test failed

Johnny B

Oh boy, this is starting to get complicated. Thank yu, not sure I have enough experience for this. Do you know anyone who is willing to conduct this service for a fee in case I can't handle this?

Sir Osis of Liver

Corporate America is a 1.1.x theme, hasn't been modified since '09, and was never updated beyond 1.1.4.  You shouldn't be using it in a 2.0.x install.  Don't see any language file edits in 2.0.10 -> 2.0.11 patch.  I would go ahead and install it.  You'll have to find a new theme.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Johnny B

Thanks a million guys. I deleted that theme and that resolved those two issues but I still have two more:

*    2.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test failed
      1.    Replace    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test failed
      2.    Replace    ./Themes/default/languages/index.english.php    Test successful

When I click the icon to left of (1.) I get this:

QuoteCode: (Find) [Select]

// Version: 2.0.8;

QuoteCode: (Replace) [Select]

// Version: 2.0.10;

When I click icon to left of (2.) I get this:

QuoteCode: (Find) [Select]

QuoteCode: (Replace) [Select]

Quote from: Illori on April 07, 2016, 12:13:24 PM
download the patches from http://custom.simplemachines.org/upgrades/ and install them with the package manager.

also ask your host to disable mod_security.

Sorry  Illori, but this is all Greek to me  :-[ But thank you so much for help

Johnny B

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on April 07, 2016, 05:05:27 PM
Corporate America is a 1.1.x theme, hasn't been modified since '09, and was never updated beyond 1.1.4.  You shouldn't be using it in a 2.0.x install.  Don't see any language file edits in 2.0.10 -> 2.0.11 patch.  I would go ahead and install it.  You'll have to find a new theme.

Misread what you wrote and installed, it worked. LOL, that was scary. Never did that before. Thanks you both for helping me. Thank you very much. My forum is now updated to latest version.

Advertisement: