News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

[FREE] Login Protection and Posted Stopper.

Started by bigjoe11a, April 10, 2016, 06:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjoe11a

I run SMF 2.0.11 and I need a mod that limits the accounts using the IP Addresses. When some one registers and then they try and register again with the same Ip Address. It won't let them do that. This stops them from making more then one account. I get this all the time on my board and they spam the crap out of my board.

2nd part is some thing that can read a post. when a users make a post. Something reads it. If it contains words in the list. It can abort the post. Lets say the post has to be English only. Or it can not have words like "4 Sale", "Shoes" or you could limit it using other options.

Options like abort the post, or/and ban the user posting. Set a number of warnings, If the user posts too many times. They get banned for posting using words they were told not to use. And so on.

Joe
SMF Forums http://www.df-barracks.com Where gamers go.

Kindred

As we stated, several times I your other thread...   What you are asking for is not actually needed.

What you need to do is just stop the spam bots from registering in the first place. End of discussion, problem solved without any new, complicated amped, in the end, useless mod...

Read the spam entry in the wiki. Implement the suggestions there, as we have suggested to you several times.

Banning by IP address is absolutely worse than useless against spammers.
I say worse than useless because you will start affecting potential real users and the spammers will just change their IP address with a single programmatic switch.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: