News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Import image on own server? Is there a mod?

Started by Nic_G, April 13, 2016, 10:56:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nic_G

Hi all,

I am looking for a mod that let me upload images on my own server (not a third-party) and integrate it in a post.

Does that exist? I have only found mods that rely on third-parties and I don't want that at all. I want to be in control of my images.

Thanks.

Kindred

I believe that the only active one is called SMF Gallery (which has both a free and a pro version)

there is also an inline attachments mod
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nic_G

Thanks! Regarding the first one. Is it really possible to upload an image from the gallery? How does it work? I could only see the building and use of the gallery in the screenshots coming with the mod.

Kindred

I believe that the gallery mod allows a link/preview of the image to be placed in a post

might be only the paid version...  ask vbgamer/smfhacks to be sure
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nic_G

I could not see any way to post an image via SMF gallery.

The inline attachement mod would have done the trick I suppose (I would be the main one posting images anyway) but it failed to install.  :(

I guess I  am going to continue to upload my images one by one each time I need to post them. A bit of a pain really. But I really don't like the idea of having my pictures hosted somewhere I don't control.

Thanks for the answers anyway!

Illori

vbgamer45

Quote from: Nic_G on April 13, 2016, 12:43:25 PM
I could not see any way to post an image via SMF gallery.

The inline attachement mod would have done the trick I suppose (I would be the main one posting images anyway) but it failed to install.  :(

I guess I  am going to continue to upload my images one by one each time I need to post them. A bit of a pain really. But I really don't like the idea of having my pictures hosted somewhere I don't control.

Thanks for the answers anyway!
I have as an addon in SMF Gallery Pro
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: