[free] Shortcut to upload an image to smf gallery and placing it into the post

Started by roza, April 13, 2016, 11:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roza

Version of smf:
Description of mod request:
I'm looking for a mod that adds an option to the page of writing new post/topic which users can use it to upload their images on smf gallery and automatically placing them wherever within their posts they wish to (inline I mean) without the need to manually insert any links or BBCodes. In other words, a mod that allows a user to insert his/her desired image from computer or web address into the post, while in fact the image firstly is uploaded to the smf gallery and then It's bbc is put into the post automatically.
Permissions:
All users who are allowed to post and upload image to gallery, also have permission to use this feature.

I'm sorry for my poor English. I hope I could explain my request well.

Kindred

I believe that is a feature which is present in the pro (paid) version of the SMF Gallery mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

roza

I wish I could buy the pro version of that mod but unfortunately I can not! Apart from this, I think that there is a lack of a simple default option in smf to allows uploading photos(or any kind of media) from user's system and using them within post/topic without the need for much work of uploading on other places and using links or BB codes manually. Of course I've read many posts on this topic before and It's somehow obvious for me that smf developers do not like this feature! So I requested a mod for this purpose with the hope that someone will have the free time and enough interest to write it.

Kindred

Well, SMF allows attachments to each message (which is a direct upload and is available in every post)

and there is an mod that allows attachments inline.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

roza

Thank you dear Kindred for your reply.
I know there are default attachment system and some mods for enhancing It but my request is different. As We know, attachment system alone is not for using media inline posts and installing mods is not going to work easily always in all situation. For instance the dougiefresh's mod (Post and PM Inline Attachments) did not work on my forum properly maybe because of the conflict with other mods which I have or something else and troubleshooting needed much work/time. However, after some unsuccessful tries I had to uninstall it. I've also tried a few other mods with no success or satisfaction. The only one which worked and is working now on my forum is SMF-ILA I found in github site. Although this is still different from what I've requested in this topic that I try to make it clear more:

A mod separate from attachment system that allows a user to insert his/her desired image from computer or web address to any places within the post(inline not end of post as attachment)[/size] just by clicking one button , while in fact the image firstly is uploaded preferably to the smf gallery (or anywhere else on that forum server) and then It's bbc link is put into the post automatically without the need for doing anything else by user.

Thank you all for reading!

Kindred

and that is exactly what the pro version does....

I doubt that you will find anyone who is going to write you a script for free that will duplicate the functionality in the paid version of a mod that you won't buy...
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: