News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Simplemachines.org down - Apologies

Started by Tony Reid, October 26, 2005, 08:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Yea i noticed.  I think it should be put in maintenace mode to stop confusion.  Im gettin gthe database errors too.
Spell check is not even enabled.  Im guessing a long way to go.  but its much faster though.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Compuart

The move didn't go as perfect as we'd hoped. The current site is actually a backup of the October 31st. I'm currently still tweaking the server for better performance and to maybe I can restore some of the posts, though it might be a little tricky.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Trekkie101

Quote from: Compuart on November 02, 2005, 10:52:27 AM
The move didn't go as perfect as we'd hoped. The current site is actually a backup of the October 31st. I'm currently still tweaking the server for better performance and to maybe I can restore some of the posts, though it might be a little tricky.

You have my faith anyway! Good Luck and well done so far!

JayBachatero

Well the good thing that mostly everything was re covered.  If you can retrieve the other stuff great if not nottin that can be done but continue.  WE believe in you compuart.
Follow me on Twitter

Prasad007

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 02, 2005, 11:21:02 AM

Well the good thing that mostly everything was re covered.  If you can retrieve the other stuff great if not nottin that can be done but continue.  WE believe in you compuart.
yes but the member count has dropped drastically
down to 29,998 now :( :(

JayBachatero

Quote from: Prasad007 on November 02, 2005, 11:23:08 AM

Yea but it will go up once more.  With this server since its faster we will get even more people.  THe problems that were going on were driving people away thinking it was a software issue.
Follow me on Twitter

Prasad007

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 02, 2005, 11:27:42 AM
Quote from: Prasad007 on November 02, 2005, 11:23:08 AM

Yea but it will go up once more.  With this server since its faster we will get even more people.  THe problems that were going on were driving people away thinking it was a software issue.
okay
that sounds assuring :)

Aaron

Never mind that member count, we're back at 30,010 again. :P

And Compuart, you have my faith, I'm sure you'll fix those database errors! ;)

Prasad007

Quote from: Aäron on November 02, 2005, 12:49:45 PM
Never mind that member count, we're back at 30,010 again. :P

And Compuart, you have my faith, I'm sure you'll fix those database errors! ;)
woah
thats damn fast
cool! :)
yes me 2 compuart

Jerry

Good work on the move Compuart, the new server seems to be doing well :).
Quote from: Sys_ZERO on October 30, 2005, 02:24:49 AM
Quote from: eldacar on October 30, 2005, 01:47:51 AM
I doubt they would accept the part that denies people to redistribute SMF. It's open source, free (as in beer) and awesome, but it's not actually Free Software (as in speech).
They accepted YabbSE :P

Sys_ZERO
Quote from: scs on October 30, 2005, 03:01:46 AM
So they should accept smf
Yabbse had a different copyright licence.

- Jerry
Find me on:
Facebook
Twitter
PlanetSMF

"If all you look for is the negative in things, you will never see the positive."

J. Williams

Yabbse was full free
Smf is free & paid (for some betas)
Joshua Jon Williams
Back in Action.

JayBachatero

Quote from: scs on November 03, 2005, 02:28:58 PM
Yabbse was full free
Smf is free & paid (for some betas)

SMF is free.  Its just that being a charter member you get early betas and you have the ability to get support faster.
Follow me on Twitter

Kindred

There is a difference between Open Source (which SMF is NOT) and Free (which SMF *IS*)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dannii

It's still open source, just there are restrictions, specifically about redistribution. fully Free software can still have paid support.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

JayBachatero

Quote from: eldacar on November 03, 2005, 10:58:38 PM
It's still open source, just there are restrictions, specifically about redistribution. fully Free software can still have paid support.
SMF lisence its not open source.
Follow me on Twitter

Amacythe

Total Members: 30,200

There was a problem with email and new members were not receiving the activation emails.  Quick gain in membership!

Advertisement: