News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Administration Center Question

Started by DarkAngel612, April 18, 2016, 11:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

version 2.0.11

This has started showing for a month or so. I have reinstalled SMF with mods and without and still get this even with just SMF installed. Any ideas why or how to fixed without losing the posts/memberlist and all the forum entails, assuming that the database has something missing? I have checked and the error_log on the server says the only things wrong are some undefined indexes.
Item I am wondering about is in red
  Support Information    Version Information:
Forum version:  SMF 2.0.11
Current SMF version: [object HTMLElement]
(more detailed)
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

DarkAngel612

Sorry to bump this but does anyone have a clue why this forum is suddenly saying this in admin.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

lurkalot

Your forum not connecting to the SMF servers perhaps.

Do you have the bad behaviour mod installed by any chance. I've seen a post somewhere where this was happening. Although this might not be the case with you.  Just an idea. I'll try to find that post.

EDIT:  Found it, though as it's pretty old I'm not sure it'll be the cause. http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=522555.0

DarkAngel612

Hello there Sir Luralot

This forum at times gets the can not connect, the fantasy attic got it the other day but its admin center doesn't say like this forum

Image is the mods installed, no erros when installed. It was getting the can not connect almost 3-4 times a week so I re-installed all files with fresh ones, including the templates. Then installed all mods a few at a time to see if there would be any problems and all was well then suddenly it started with the html bit in admin center.

lurkalot

Ok, might be worth checking out These search results There's a likely solution in there somewhere hopefully.

DarkAngel612

DarkAngel612

Well I looked at each one of those entries going way back to 2.0. One even says it is a known bug, if it is known bug why doesn't someone evict his little body...LOL

I tried all suggestions and none of it works. the admin center still shows like this image no matter which template is used.

Whatever it is is also affecting other stuff like the newsletter function, that goes to 65 or 86% then up and quits. If it is not affecting this then I do not know what is since it started at the same time.

I have tried replacing files/mods about 4 times now and am wondering if possibly running a new installation, clearing out the database and then reinstalling the old database would help.

Advertisement: