News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Where do I edit to get smiley pop-up to have more pages?

Started by tpgames, April 19, 2016, 07:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpgames

I am trying to find in the php code, where the smiley pop-up code is, but a search of any part of that
smileyBox_message_addMoreSmileys">[more] gets me nothing. If Its on the ManageSmileys php, then can you point me to what the "commented out bit is" that is before that bit of code I am looking for? (Thats because I missed it, if thats the case.)

What I hope to figure out is how to make it so that on the pop-up, I can add a div tag that will show more smileys on demand.
Thanks!

.ps
I was going to aim for a link to another smiley page, but then realized that the movement of smileys onto that third page will require even more php writing - of the ManageSmileys where the admin chooses where the smileys goes. That might be a bit too hard for me at this time.
Thanks again!

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

tpgames

Thanks! I was thinking the "pop-up" feature that the current SMF forum has for smileys, was NOT from a mod and that I could have just simply added a little code to make a div tag that allows user to open and close div tag in order to view or not view more smileys. Why? That Tabbed mod is not supported in 2.0.11 (according to SMF). However, I'll look at it and try to make it work in my version of SMF. Currently, SMF thinks the mod is empty and contains no content, so I am trying a manual install a second time. Apparently, 2nd time is the charm. Still do not know if it will work or not, but I'll just learn PHP and deal with it. Thanks!

UPDATE: One row = one tab?!? :P That is so not what I want! I do not want to go through 30 tabs just to see 500 smileys. Eh, I'll have to con my programming buddy to come out of retirement and learn a bit of php (as if he would!) and see what we can do as there isn't anything that really does what I want it to do.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Steve

Quote from: tpgames on April 19, 2016, 11:13:11 AMUPDATE: One row = one tab?!? :P That is so not what I want! I do not want to go through 30 tabs just to see 500 smileys.

I so don't understand what you're saying here. I group my smileys so all the 'love/hug' ones are in one tab, angry ones in another, weather ones in another, etc. Makes it much easier to find the one you want instead of scrolling through pages of smileys trying to find one specific one.

But whatever works for you.
DO NOT pm me for support!

tpgames

Quote from: Steve on April 20, 2016, 07:23:57 AM
I so don't understand what you're saying here. I group my smileys so all the 'love/hug' ones are in one tab, angry ones in another, weather ones in another, etc. Makes it much easier to find the one you want instead of scrolling through pages of smileys trying to find one specific one.

But whatever works for you.

I was reading the specs that said "one row = one tab". However, I have to fix my CSS first because I might be having other issues that prevents me from going around that "one row = one tab". I don't have the mod working at all  as the tabs do not even show up as an option on the forum. I'll post about that next week - after I've had time to learn a little php (taking w3school's crash course now) and fixed the CSS issue. The CSS issue will only take a second, but haven't gotten around to it yet. I log in and then forget to fix it. rofl

Steve

I'm not sure what that 'one row = one tab' part means either but I've been using this mod for a couple of years now so I know how it works.

The attached is a screenshot of my smiley tabs.
DO NOT pm me for support!

tpgames

I did get my CSS fixed so that all the options shows up. However I still am not getting a "option to click on tab link" when posting to the forums. I am going to try again on the tests smf forum, then if it works there, then I will assume that other mod wasn't working with it.

tpgames

Because I am using Tabbed Smileys, and further questions I will put in the Tabbed Smileys forum.

And yes, it is my theme that was making Tabbed Smileys NOT work. Thanks!
(MOD: Will you please do what you need to do with this board? I don't know what should be done. Thanks! Yes, you may laugh at me afterwards. I have a sinus infection and am brain dead.)

Advertisement: