News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Search Custom Field

Started by Looking, April 19, 2016, 10:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looking

Is that ability to search a custom field available in SMF2? I need this for admin search for members by 'x' custom field. I did some searches in the community but got mixed answers with some people saying there was a select option to search by custom field - is that a mod or something available in SMF1?

I am hoping I will not have to custom code with a join to the smf_themes table.

nfmovil

I found this but is not working with the latest version, I need this mod too.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2566

Dzonny

Please take a look at this manual and see if you can install that mod on your SMF version:
How can I install a mod that doesn't work in my SMF version?

aegersz

wait up !, for the "Search Focus Dropdown", this is more like it: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1634

i use both, actually but that's because i never got around to removing mod=2566.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

That mod does not search for the custom profile fields.

aegersz

apologies, i didn't take that in when i read it ... so how does this forum have those nice dropdown options then ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Illori

aegersz

i figured that, much like how you handle your adverts etc.

do you package the code up as mods but that remain proprietary  ?

if so, why not share that code either as a default feature or as an installable Package ?

Illori

At this time the team does not wish to release such code.

aegersz

AHA !! just as i suspected, you guys are keeping all the good code to yourselves ;)

hell, i'm just grateful for the code that you DO release.

all good ... i won't pursue it any further and the mod i recommended can always be modified to come closer to what the OP wants, i guess that's one option.

Advertisement: