News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problem with a membergroup.

Started by BlueFlare, April 25, 2016, 04:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueFlare

Hello,

I wanted to test out some trick by trying to add a button with imgsrc + mouse over on the membergroup name, now I keep getting this issue and I'm unable to delete that membergroup by the default method;

As you can see above it doesn't display anything under the "Edit membergroup" text including the delete button.

So all I want is deleting that membergroup from there. I read somewhere that it's possible with phpmyadmin, but as I'm a bit newbie to these templates I do not know how to do that, and where can I find phpmyadmin?

Also is there's any other way  to remove it? please post below if you know something.

Thanks in advance!

P.s: I'm using 2.0.11, also I still have the link I typed (in case you wanted to know).

Illori

did you try to put html in the group name at some point? if so then you will need to go into phpmyadmin and change the group name and then be able to delete it from the admin panel. you should NOT delete it from phpmyadmin.

BlueFlare

Quote from: Illori on April 25, 2016, 05:10:01 AM
did you try to put html in the group name at some point? if so then you will need to go into phpmyadmin and change the group name and then be able to delete it from the admin panel. you should NOT delete it from phpmyadmin.

Thanks, but could you tell me how do I get to phpmyadmin?

Illori

either in your hosts control panel, or you can download it and install it on your server. i would start with asking your host if they have it installed if you dont see it.

BlueFlare

Thank you @Illori :)

Marking as solved.

Advertisement: