News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Themes and Layout menus not accessible

Started by Mark_2016, April 28, 2016, 06:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_2016

In new installation Themes and Layout menu is not accessible, it forwards me to index page when chosen.

I installed SMF 2.0.11 using cpanel (Softaculous Auto Installer) on http://www.webserve.ca/ [nofollow] host and found that Themes and Layout is not accessible, it just forwards me to front page when selected. Most other pages seem to work fine. I reinstalled several times and once manually from ftp, but always have same problem.

What is the problem?

Illori

we really dont recommend using those auto-installers as they can change things and we dont know what they have done/changed. it sounds like your host may be running mod_security, ask them to disable it as SMF does not need it and it causes more headaches then it is worth.

Mark_2016

You were right, I talked to hosting company and when they disabled mod_security, I was able to access pages in question.
However, I still have strange behaviors, like I was not able to install one package that I can install on other website...

Kindred

"not able to install..."

what exactly is the problem?
An error on the installation? If so, that has nothing to do with your host or your settings....   it has to do with other mods that you have installed which have already changed the area of code.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mark_2016

What happened was that it loaded mod ( removing help menu), but that mod was dead. I was not able to install it, or list files, or even delete it. Every time I tried to do something with that mod, I was again redirected to home/index page. Similar behavior like before, with not accessible Thames and layout menu.
I installed it manually (even deleted it manualy via ftp), have no idea what happened, since all same mods I installed on some other place and there all mods worked without conflict.

Kindred

sounds like mod_security is not actually uninstalled.

If all you are trying to do is remove the help button - then just comment it out of the menu array in subs.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: