News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Connecting two accounts in one

Started by jsx, April 30, 2016, 08:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsx

Hello,

Is any modification thanks to which it's possible to connect the new user account with his old account? To posts from new account will be assign to old account.

Illori

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Forum_Maintenance#Members

Reattribute User Posts - This function assigns a guest's posts to a specific registered user based on the email address or the username used to post.

jsx

I used this function in SMF and user on his new account had 4 posts and on old 416 posts, these 4 posts was assign to his account with option: Add messages to user counter and this posts are in his account but unfortunately in counter messages this user was still 416 posts. After transferred these 4 posts from new account still in counter of this new account was 4 not 0. So I did run Recount all forum totals and statistics, but it doesn't help. I used this modification https://github.com/Spuds/SMF-Admin-Toolbox and recounted these posts and now on account this user is display right number of posts, but on my account is 4 posts less, and in statistics of forum number of posts and topic isn't changed, so what is a explanation for this?

When I run Find and repair any errors, display such a message:

QuoteOn your forum are follow bugs (list is empty when aren't bugs):

Name of topic #13684 isn't saved in topics cache.
Name of topic #13685 isn't saved in topics cache.

I didn't fix this bug cause I don't know what it mean and I don't want to break anything. Is somebody know what about this bug? Should I fix this bug? Everything will be ok with this topics?

jsx

I choose fix these bugs and on the end was show such a message: All bugs are fixed! Now you have to browse all boards, categories and topics and decide what to do with that.

I would like to know what is about? "Now you have to browse all boards, categories and topics and decide what to do with that". Why I'll have to browse all boards, categories and topics on my forum? When I did run this for second time then show such a message: Congratulation, isn't found any bugs! Thanks for checking. All boards on my forum has tick this option:

Count Posts:
Makes new replies and topics raise members' post counts.

If really at one time I removed these 4 posts from my account so why in counter of message was 4 posts more not less?

Advertisement: