Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_board)

Started by user42916, April 29, 2016, 11:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

user42916

Anyone have a fix for this? I tried a search and this is the only topic I have found for this specific error.

I get the error while converting posts from IPB 2.3.5.

"Converting...
Converting posts (this may take some time)...
Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (id_board)"

Thx in advance.

Irisado

Welcome to SMF :).

Your topic has been split.  In future, please avoid reviving six year old topics.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

user42916

Quote from: Irisado on April 30, 2016, 09:05:08 AM
Welcome to SMF :).

Your topic has been split.  In future, please avoid reviving six year old topics.

My apologies.

So, I guess SMF does not have a fix for this specific problem since it hasn't been resolved in over 6 years?

margarett

Hello.

It's not an "unfixable problem", it's just that it's a problem that isn't supposed to happen.
The board ID of a post can never, ever be something else than an integer. So it's kind of "converter's fault" because it doesn't handle unexpected data types, and it also IPB's fault for allowing a non-integer value to exist as a board ID.

That being said, yes it can be fixed. Which converter are you using?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

linuxninja

Quote from: margarett on May 02, 2016, 07:43:46 AM
Hello.

It's not an "unfixable problem", it's just that it's a problem that isn't supposed to happen.
The board ID of a post can never, ever be something else than an integer. So it's kind of "converter's fault" because it doesn't handle unexpected data types, and it also IPB's fault for allowing a non-integer value to exist as a board ID.

Since this guy isn't going to answer you and this topic is fairly new, I am going to ask.  I am close to giving up to be honest but anyway...

Converting members...Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (hide_email)

This is the IBP 2.0 to SMF 2.0 converter on the download page.  I've been fighting this stuff all day. Would like to hopefully figure this out.

user42916

Quote from: margarett on May 02, 2016, 07:43:46 AM
Hello.

Hi margarett,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using the Invision 2.3 to SMF converter from this page -
http://download.simplemachines.org/?converters;software=invision

I had to edit the sql file a few times for some other errors, (such as the hide_email, modified_time error... etc), but I couldn't find a fix/edit for this particular error (id_board), and the one thread I found was from 6 years ago without a reply.

I've attached the latest edited sql file to this post.

@linuxninja -

I had a similar problem when converting an IPB 2.3.5 board. I did a google search for "hide_email" and found the correct fix on this forum. The sql file needed to be edited. In my case, invision23_to_smf.sql file. Not sure if it is the same edit for your board as was mine.

Advertisement: