News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Please help with error message?

Started by anidea, April 30, 2016, 07:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anidea

Hi, I'm currently running 2.0.11.  After I upgraded the forum, I had to reinstall mods, some of which worked and some of which didn't.

One of the ones that did work is Yet Another Youtube BBCode mod.  But it keept throwing this error:

8: Undefined index: youtube
File: /fs1e/mysite/public/smf/Sources/Subs-BBCode-YouTube.php
Line: 118

I went through the manual installation instructions and tried to manually uninstall it, but was unsuccessful.  Anytime I try to remove the Subs-BBCode-YouTube.php file, the forum dies on that error.  So I tried reinstalling through the forum, but all I get is parse errors (probably due to the upgrade to v11).

I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how to get rid of this thing.  If only I could get rid of it...then maybe I could reinstall it properly?  Or reinstall a different mod.  Can someone help?

Thanks  :)

qc

The problem here is that you must properly uninstall a package before removing its files from the source folder.

This is because those mods basically create an entry in the database that tells SMF to include their source files on startup. Now whenever you open your forum, SMF looks into the database for all the mods to include, finds your BBCode-Youtube-mod, tries to fetch its source code but can't and then throws you an error.

Solution: put the source files back on the server, properly uninstall the mod via the SMF package manager and if the problem persists, manually look into your database to remove the entry created by that mod during its installation.

Also, PHP should not stop execution when encountering an "undefined index" error. If it does, something else might be the matter.
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

anidea

Thanks.  :)  I know that, sort of-didn't realize there was a db entry, but that is very useful to know!

So I accidentally solved it.  I installed a different Youtube mod, which allowed me to uninstall both of them.  Then I reinstalled the original mod and it seems to work so far.  The error messages are gone!

I'm a bit confused about this, though: "Also, PHP should not stop execution when encountering an "undefined index" error. If it does, something else might be the matter."  Any ideas on what I should look for?  I'm not getting error messages any longer, at least so far, so if there's something else, I dont' know what it could be.

qc

I was a bit confused after reading "the forum dies on that error" - PHP will normally not stop when encountering an undefined index (which probably just translates to "an entry not being found in your language pack") and the forum should not "die" from that.

When you installed the second youtube mod, it might have added that language entry for "youtube" and therefore fixed the problem.

However, if everything runs smoothly now, there is no need to worry :)
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

anidea

Oh, sorry...my mistake, not enough info.  The forum died (went to an error page, instead of just opening the forum and reporting the error) when I deleted the Subs file I mentioned above.  When I put the subs file back, it gave the error.

But yep, all fixed now, or so it seems :)  Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement: