News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Getting "Error in Package Installation"

Started by CDM, May 02, 2016, 01:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CDM

Hello! I am trying to update my forum, but keep getting a message that says :Error in Package Installation. The red box says,
"Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF."

So then the Install Actions says this:
Installing this package will perform the following actions:

This patch file will update your forum to SMF 1.1.12.

Type   Action   Description
1.   Execute Modification   ./index.php   Test successful
2.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/DumpDatabase.php   Test successful
3.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageSearch.php   Test successful
4.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/ManageSmileys.php   Test failed
5.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/News.php   Test successful
6.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/PackageGet.php   Test successful
7.   Execute Modification   ./Sources/Subs-Package.php   Test successful
8.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/babylon/Display.template.php   Test successful
9.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/classic/Display.template.php   Test successful
10.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Admin.template.php   Test successful
11.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/Display.template.php   Test successful

Version Information:
Forum version: SMF 1.1.11
Current SMF version: SMF 1.1.21

And then I thought it would be fine because it was only an issue with the smileys. Then a little box came up when I clicked "Install now" that warned me the installation would be unsuccessful. So, any ideas about what to do? Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give!

Illori

you should really consider upgrading to 2.0. SMF 1.1.* is basically no longer getting security updates/upgrades any longer. also SMF 1.1 does not work with the latest php versions.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

CDM

Thanks, Illori. Is this a pretty easy thing to do? Or is there a big chance of messing something up? I'm not terribly technically savvy and worry that I'll really mess it up and lose my community. :(

Illori

as long as you have a good backup you can always restore that backup if something does not go right.

nukeraf

I am also having same problem on installation process, hxxp:crawlist.net [nonactive]

Kindred

and the same statements above also apply to you, then....

Quote from: Illori on May 02, 2016, 05:06:57 AM
you should really consider upgrading to 2.0. SMF 1.1.* is basically no longer getting security updates/upgrades any longer. also SMF 1.1 does not work with the latest php versions.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: