News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Including an attachment in and email.

Started by DenDen60, May 02, 2016, 07:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DenDen60

Is it possible to attach a file in a email to another user? If so what do I need to do to activate this.

Societally yours
Denis

Illori

it is not a feature available, and i dont think there is any mod that allows it to be added.

DenDen60

Quote from: Illori on May 02, 2016, 08:11:58 AM
it is not a feature available, and i dont think there is any mod that allows it to be added.

This is what I thought. Interestingly enough there is an option to include a FTP link, but not an attachment.

Kindred

why do you find that unusual?

You can include any link you want... http, ftp, etc...

attaching a file (to an email) is a different matter and is somewhat more complicated
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

That's because attachments in emails are a horrendous mess to do, and many times over for newsletters.

It would require partially rebuilding SMF's entire mail system just to support attachments because for every message (e.g. in the queue) you have to reinclude the attachment. Want to send 100,000 emails? Attach the same file 100,000 times in the database...

And that's assuming hosts will let you do that...

Advertisement: