News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

403 Forbidden

Started by SychO, May 02, 2016, 08:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SychO

Hi, when I upload an avatar and click "Change Profile" to save, or edit few mods fields and few profile fields i get this :

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /community/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I'm confused.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Potato  •  Ackerman  •  SunRise  •  NightBreeze

Kindred

almost definitely due to your host having mod_security installed and badly configured...

but it might also be due to a bad configuration on your side.... for example, if you have WordPress installed in the same domain.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SychO

Quote from: Kindred on May 02, 2016, 09:04:57 AM
almost definitely due to your host having mod_security installed and badly configured...

but it might also be due to a bad configuration on your side.... for example, if you have WordPress installed in the same domain.

nah there is definitely no Wordpress, however

to disable mod_security I have to contact the host ?
Checkout My Themes:
-

Kindred

if you have a shared hosting service instead of a vps or dedicated server...   yes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

SychO

Quote from: Kindred on May 02, 2016, 09:07:57 AM
if you have a shared hosting service instead of a vps or dedicated server...   yes.

Alright :) thank you very much for the help.
Checkout My Themes:
-

Advertisement: