News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Usergroup Key

Started by Telekinetic, May 03, 2016, 03:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telekinetic

So I went to admin options and selected group key to be showed. It did- BUT. Being the OCD person I am, I can't stand the fact that they are not in the order I want them to be, and I've not yet found an option to do so - Please help my OCD!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Forum version: SMF 2.0.11

qc

If you change "It did- BUT. Being" to "It did - BUT: Being", you will increase the chances of another OCD person to reply.
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

Telekinetic

Quote from: qc on May 03, 2016, 04:23:07 PM
If you change "It did- BUT. Being" to "It did - BUT: Being", you will increase the chances of another OCD person to reply.
Although I love the amount of humor you've put in that I'm still being torn apart by the fact that ranks are not arranged AS I WANT THEM TO BE.

Shambles

How would you like them arranged?

Telekinetic

Quote from: Shambles on May 03, 2016, 04:57:17 PM
In a descending pattern.
Admin, Lower Admin, Even Lower admin, Not even admin, helper, etc.

Kindred

I can't recall specifically... but usergroups are either alphabetical or ID sorted...

there is no option to change the display order of the groups

although, there may be a mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

they are sorted by name. there was a mod but i think it was removed from the cust site.

Shambles

Quote from: Telekinetic on May 03, 2016, 05:00:29 PM
In a descending pattern.
As that's so vague, you may have to manually play with $context['membergroups'] in your BoardIndex.template.php file, to get the required display order.

Telekinetic

Quote from: Shambles on May 03, 2016, 05:38:45 PM
In a descending pattern.
As that's so vague, you may have to manually play with $context['membergroups'] in your BoardIndex.template.php file, to get the required display order.
I hope there's a cure for OCD because I'm going for it. OR I'll just disable the group key.

br360

The mod was removed from the SMF site but it is still available on the mod author's own site. Here is a link (look for Group Key Order and Style 1.1) http://www.burkeknight.com/smf.php

Just a head's up though that even though it should work, because it is not a mod on the SMF site, you would have to get support on the site you download it from.

Telekinetic

Quote from: br360 on May 03, 2016, 06:09:31 PM
The mod was removed from the SMF site but it is still available on the mod author's own site. Here is a link (look for Group Key Order and Style 1.1) http://www.burkeknight.com/smf.php

Just a head's up though that even though it should work, because it is not a mod on the SMF site, you would have to get support on the site you download it from.
Doesn't quite work. After first two administrative groups, it displays groups by post. Although in very good order, still not what I want.

Note: Found a way to cheat. Trying it. ( I edit numbers, reinstall and they appear. LOL. )

Edit: NAILED IT. OCD satisfied, it all works like charm now.

Thank you very much for that helping hand of yours. <3

qc

Quote from: Shambles on May 03, 2016, 04:57:17 PM
In a descending pattern.
As an OCD freak I hope you know that such ranking must be based on Pareto superiority of membergroup permission sets ::) If your permissions are not designed that way, you have to state an appropriate second order ranking criterion.
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

Advertisement: