News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF alternative login system

Started by Gogo1207, May 06, 2016, 04:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gogo1207

Hi all. I have one question about SMF login system.

Is it possible to use alternative method to check if user is loged in?

Let's say this way, I work on one project and I create custom web cms especially for this project, it uses a raw sha512 password hashing with base64 encoding to be a utf-16le string because I also create a desktop application which uses same database to login into application.

So, my question, is it possible that SMF can use this alternative database to check if user is already loggedin or to login user based on alternative database and alternative hash algorithm?
Or maybe some login API, for example to get boolean from remote custom api.php file if login values are correct?

Write a complete forum code is not an option, i'd rather like to use SMF as forum cms because it's easy to use, fast, and it's not heavy for server as other forum cms scripts.

Sorry for my bad english. :)
Thank you.

Arantor

Sure, there are hooks for this. I'd suggest the best bet would be http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Integration_hooks#integrate_verify_user where you simply pass everything to your CMS and just return a user ID back (which should exist in SMF's members table)

Gogo1207

Thank you for suggestion. That helps me a lot.  :)

Advertisement: