News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Getting Thousands of error logs

Started by engrz, May 17, 2016, 08:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

engrz

Hello Team

in my forum im getting thousands of error logs since few days. here is the error details

"/engrz.org/Themes/vVide/BoardIndex.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?"

Kindred

... and what did you change, just before it started happening?  Come on, you should know by now that you need to give a full set of information...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

engrz

Quote from: Kindred on May 17, 2016, 01:23:31 PM
... and what did you change, just before it started happening?  Come on, you should know by now that you need to give a full set of information...

yes i know by now to give full set of information, you are expert, in the link can understand what should i change!!!

i changed templated/Theme from default to eval after that this error logs arrived here.

Arantor

No, that's not a full set of information. Turn off eval then post the full error including line number. Hint: the error isn't in the file it lists there at all. I know that for a fact and I can guess which file it probably is but I'm not wasting time playing guessing games with you, since I've spent too much time arguing with you in the past.

Kindred

I did not ask what you should change.... and the link gives no actual useful information...

I asked WHAT DID YOU CHANGE, just before it started happening?

In other words...  what did YOU do to cause this to start.
(and don't say nothing. Websites do not randomly start throwing errors.)

and I will also note... what you listed IS NOT the whole error....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

engrz

Quote from: Kindred on May 18, 2016, 07:16:57 AM
I did not ask what you should change.... and the link gives no actual useful information...

I asked WHAT DID YOU CHANGE, just before it started happening?

In other words...  what did YOU do to cause this to start.
(and don't say nothing. Websites do not randomly start throwing errors.)

and I will also note... what you listed IS NOT the whole error....

I have just installed a eval theme and this happens, I have deleted all logs and removed eval theme, now it's working fine without any error in the error log.

Was it error due to that theme?

Arantor

Yes. The error was almost certainly in the index.template.php file of that theme (and not the Boardindex file as the error claimed)

engrz

I'm not wasting time playing guessing games with you, since I've spent too much time arguing with you in the past.

OK don't waste your time for helping. Thank you

engrz

Quote from: Arantor on May 18, 2016, 08:02:14 AM
Yes. The error was almost certainly in the index.template.php file of that theme (and not the Boardindex file as the error claimed)

Again installing the eval theme and uploading the screenshot of the error log.

Steve

Quote from: engrz on May 18, 2016, 08:02:52 AM
I'm not wasting time playing guessing games with you, since I've spent too much time arguing with you in the past.

OK don't waste your time for helping.

He didn't say he wouldn't help, he just wasn't going to waste time guessing with the almost no information you gave. If you want answers from the support team, you need to help them help you. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Irisado

engrz: What is meant by a full set of information can be found in the sticky: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228939.0
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Kindred

And, very clearly...  yes...   if the errors started happening after you installed a theme.. and stopped when you stopped or uninstalled the theme, then, YES, the theme was your problem.  Stop using that theme and you wont get more errors.

Seriously, did you actually need us to tell you that?
Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

This is why my comment about time wasting was made, Kindred.

engrz

Quotedid you actually need us to tell you that?

when i installed a theme it was ok with no errors, but suddenly it has created errors so i was worried about.

QuoteThis is why my comment about time wasting was made, Kindred.

It is not for wasting the time here, but if you could check the history, i found many errors in SMF so that you can able to remove all these in new version. Actually im helping you to find bugs and errors. Im not a programmer to help you resolve errors or make code. but i dont know why im always in trouble with new errors.

Sending you screenshot of the error if you can help- if you have time.

Antes

Kindred

Quote from: engrz on May 23, 2016, 07:12:12 AM
It is not for wasting the time here, but if you could check the history, i found many errors in SMF so that you can able to remove all these in new version. Actually im helping you to find bugs and errors. Im not a programmer to help you resolve errors or make code. but i dont know why im always in trouble with new errors.

just to be clear...  SMF - with a clean installation - does not generate any errors in the error log (ban and password messages, while placed in the error log, are not errors, of course)

If your system is generating errors, then either a- you did something wrong or b- you installed a mod or theme that did something wrong.

Слaва
Украинi

engrz

YES ! all is due to my faults. but you are experiencing new things that why this happens? like i installed new theme that causes error, if i dont install how could you know about that theme ?

all users here in this forum is asking for help about any kind of installation or error. that is all are trying to make something new like me and getting some difficulties so that asking for help.

if everyone is just install a new smf and so nothing, why this support forum is for then?

Arantor

Again, we weren't trying to be awkward. You didn't give us nearly enough information to actually help you with.

engrz

attached screenshot of the error. what further information is reqired?

Advertisement: