News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Getting Thousands of error logs

Started by engrz, May 17, 2016, 08:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

I don't see any attachments on any posts in this thread...

Illori

Arantor

He still hasn't done template eval as suggested, and the error is still suggestive of index.template.php missing a global $scripturl declaration as it was before despite the file name changing.

engrz

I have removed that template, but what to change in it?

Arantor

I don't know what to change because your error log doesn't tell me!

It says a file. I know the file it says it is, is wrong. I'm fairly sure I know which file and roughly where in that file, but until you disable template eval, as mentioned before, so you get the real error in its real location, there isn't a lot I can do because I'm not going to go through file after file after file. Turn on the option mentioned, get a real error log entry that doesn't say "eval?" in it, then I'll help you.

Kindred

And that error very clearly shows what your problem is...   well, it would if you turned off eval, as we have asked you to do, at least twice now.

Your issue is almost definitely related to you adding a new theme AFTER you have installed mods, and you NOT  adding the mod additional code to those new themes

Seriously... mods and themes dont get approved if they generate errors. So your issues are all due to the specific combination of mods and themes you are trying to use and the order which you installed them.

In almost every xase, we have had to PRY the useful information out of you.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

engrz

Hello

after removing the eval theme there is no error in error log. all is clean.

Arantor

That wasn't what we told you to do! We told you to change the setting in the admin panel that would tell you where the error was in your theme...

Advertisement: