Time limit to edit/delete messages for specific group

Started by kalpatron, May 21, 2016, 01:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kalpatron

Hello guys

I recently created a new group in my SMF forum. I wanted to add the ability to this group, to be able to edit and delete forum posts - not only their own, but of every member. Thing is that when I enabled the edit messages, I got a response from the members in that group that "time limit" to edit/delete the messages still applies. Only administrators and moderators do not have this restriction and they can edit messages whenever they want.

Any idea on how I can apply this "no time limit" only to this new group (apart from admins/mods) and not to all members on the forum?

Illori

do they have permissions to modify posts any post and delete posts any post? that should override that. if that does not help try adding the moderate board permission to that group.

kalpatron

"These allow you to use the "default" permission setups - standard means 'nothing special', restrictive means 'like a guest', moderator means 'what a moderator has', and lastly 'maintenance' means permissions very close to those of an administrator."

I add to this group the "moderator" permissions, if you mean this. Then when I go to see all their modified permissions, I can clearly see that they do have permissions to modify any message and also delete any message . So the "delete" and the "edit" icons appear in all posts everywhere in the forum. That's normal, but not what I want...

SO

When I change the permissions and apply the edit/delete permissions, only for their own messages... then I can see the edit/delete icons with time limit. That means that after the standard time limit that all users have, this is locked and not be able to change.

Kindred

there is no function which allows the edit time limit to be applied on a per group basis.

Either they have permissions to edit EVERYONE'S posts, and no limit
or they have a limit.

there is no other combination, currently.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: