News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Home Page?

Started by Grammy, May 22, 2016, 07:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

I'm not sure exactly where to post this question, but I was wondering if this site's homepage is a portal that is readily available or if it is custom?  It looks very nice and has a good flow to it.  I've been experimenting with different portals over the weekend but either haven't found the one used here or just haven't learned the ropes, if it's an available mod.

Is your homepage structured from an existing mod?

Thanks.  :)

Grammy

Oops.....   I'm sorry that I didn't see THIS POST before I asked about the homepage.  Obviously, this has been asked and answered, so I apologize for asking again.

Your custom homepage is quite nice.  So I'm a little jealous.   :D

Anyway, sorry about asking.

lurkalot

Quote from: Grammy on May 22, 2016, 07:28:06 AM
I'm not sure exactly where to post this question, but I was wondering if this site's homepage is a portal that is readily available or if it is custom?  It looks very nice and has a good flow to it.  I've been experimenting with different portals over the weekend but either haven't found the one used here or just haven't learned the ropes, if it's an available mod.

Is your homepage structured from an existing mod?

Thanks.  :)

To be fair, you can get pretty close to what you want using a portal mod.  This example is a really quick and dirty copy and paste into a few portal blocks, and using the various block layouts.  If you have good coding skills (which I don't) you could get exactly what you need, and probably in one front page block.

Grammy

That looks really great!  I only want the frontpage to have that overall look but not integrate blocks into the forum.  I see you have a portal in your sig, so I'm about to check it out.   Thanks!   :)

Advertisement: