News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Integrating SMF 2.0 with my web-site

Started by peterkroman, May 23, 2016, 12:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peterkroman

Hi,

I am working on integrating SMF with my site, and I am using the instructions here: http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Integrating_SMF_with_your_website

I am using the layer method, and I am using the theme Elegant_Mind.

But I get an error, saying that it can not load the template main_above. Anyway it actually shows the content of the header.php file - but nothing more.

I will attach a screenshot of the page and a copy af the modified index.template.php file

I hope that somebody can help me out here :)

NB! I have tried to upload a complete fresh set of template files which just gives me a blank screen and the error message: Can't open the template site_above.

Arantor

Ugh, that tutorial was written for 1.1 themes, not 2.0 themes which typically have an html and a body layer. Not sure off hand how much you'd need to change in either to get the same result :(

peterkroman

Thanks Arantor,

Is there a tutorial for integrating 2.0 themes somewhere?

And is there a way to upload a fresh set of SMF files without destroying the forum structure I have allready made?

Reg Peter

Illori

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

that will reset your files but will not change anything in the database. if you did any changes to the database you will need to manually change those back.

peterkroman

Hi Illory,

I have followed the instructions you recommended. It is not working.
So I have tried to make a complete reinstall in another folder on my server.

I still get this

I don't understand it. I have made a few changes to an index.template file in a theme, and now I can't even reinstall a forum on my machine. Why?

How can I perform an overall cleanup so that I can make a fresh install and start over again?

Regards Peter

Illori

did you modify the database in anyway? if so those changes have to be reverted.

Arantor

The database is currently messed up a little.

You ran this query before, right?

QuoteREPLACE INTO yourprefix_themes
    (ID_THEME, variable, value)
    VALUES (that number, 'theme_layers', 'site,main');

(obviously changing the yourprefix and 'that number' parts)

You'll need to change this back from 'site,main' to 'html,body'.

peterkroman

How do I phrase the query, because "that number" is not valid anymore

Arantor

Arantor

So theme 20 doesn't exist any more? How did you remove it? If you just removed the files from the server, the database still thinks it's there, and is trying to load it, but failing so it falls back to the default theme which doesn't have those layers (it has html,body)

Try, as a first step, your forum's URL with ?theme=1 on the end of it, to see if that's the cause.

peterkroman

Tanks Arantor,

I am now in touch with my forum again.

But is there a way to integrate SMF 2.0 on my web site?

Arantor

Not without knowing more about your website and how you want to integrate it, since the tutorial is not going to work for you.

Advertisement: