News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

putting links in newsletters and being received wrong

Started by Reason 7 Fan, May 24, 2016, 10:35:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reason 7 Fan

I'm trying to send out a newsletter and my links are getting jacked up.

As an example the link is input as:

http://www.accesscontrolforum.com/forum/downloads/guests/connecting-transcore-smartpass-4-rfid-reader-to-cypress-cvx-1468-wiegand-converter/15 [nofollow]

The email shows:

http://www.accesscontrolforum.com/forum/newstracking2.php?a=l&c=12&i=1&l=24 [nofollow]

The file labeled new 1 is what SMF shows when "edit HTML source" is clicked under Admin>News and Newsletters>Newsletters>Next.

I found this post, http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=539302.0 ,which I thought could answered my question. Because I initially was pasting from Microsoft Word. However, I input all the data directly in SMF without copying/pasting anything other than "copy as plain text" text from my forum, pasting it directly in the newsletter, "copy link location" and then "insert/edit link". Does anyone have any thoughts. also I have newsletter Pro installed, but I'm not using it in this example, nor have I ever used it successfully for this.

Thanks

let me know if you want me to you the newsletter.

Arantor

Newsletter Pro is changing it to track the clicks on emails on your behalf. Stock SMF does not have the file mentioned.

Reason 7 Fan

I can't say that I "need" the functions of newsletter Pro. In order to solve this without code, should I Uninstall Pro? Or is there an easy fix? We are beginners at code.

Thanks

vbgamer45

newstracking2.php  has bad file permissions change to 644 or 755 if you can
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Reason 7 Fan

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Reason 7 Fan

Every link worked including the unsubscribe! Thank you for all your help VB.

FYI for any newbies like me.

in blue host it goes like this

Login to your cPanel> File manager> search for "newstracking2.php">double-click on file name, this redirects you to the folder, look for file "newstracking2.php">right-click On that file> change permissions to match the images shown below in the previous post.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: