News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Limiting signature size

Started by howl75, May 25, 2016, 01:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howl75

I want to limit the signature size on my forum. I tried setting it up by going into Admin>Features & Options>Signatures but it didn't work, signatures didn't resize.
Here's the code in index.css:

/* All the signatures used in the forum.  If your forum users use Mozilla, Opera, or Safari, you might add max-height here ;).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ */
.signature,
.attachments {
width: 98%;
overflow: auto;
clear: right;
padding: 1em 0 3px 0;
border-top: 1px solid #E9E9E9;
line-height: 1.4em;
font-size: 0.85em;
}
.custom_fields_above_signature {
width: 98%;
clear: right;
padding: 1em 0 3px 0;
border-top: 1px solid #E9E9E9;
line-height: 1.4em;
font-size: 0.85em;
}

I want to limit the size to 800 max width and 200 max height.
Smf version: 2.0.11

Illori

what exactly are you trying to limit in the sig? the whole size? the size of images?

if you are trying to resize images, the feature you enabled will do the job it just does not apply to already existing images/sigs.

howl75

Quote from: Illori on May 25, 2016, 05:30:03 AM
what exactly are you trying to limit in the sig? the whole size? the size of images?

if you are trying to resize images, the feature you enabled will do the job it just does not apply to already existing images/sigs.
Oh alright. I was wondering why the existing images aren't resized. Thanks anyway :)

Advertisement: