News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Run background music in smf

Started by DarkTexas, May 24, 2016, 02:33:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkTexas

qc

Since SMF is not a single-page application and audio objects (even if you use HTML5 audio) do not persist when loading a new page, the only way I can think of is to embed SMF per iframe within your page or to open a new window with the audio player.
Playing quizduell? Having quizduell questions? Our german quizduell forum quizcommunity.de is looking for quiz freaks to come and play quizduell with us :)

Shambles

Bit of a mega-necrobump too, since OP hasn't been online in almost 10 years.

Sir Osis of Liver

Most users will find background music intrusive and annoying, mostly because it is, but also because there's no way to determine the user's volume setting, so the music will often blast out of, or even damage, the speakers.  I keep speakers turned off except when I need them for a specific purpose.

Quote from: qc on May 24, 2016, 03:57:10 PM
...... embed SMF per iframe ......

That's usually discouraged.  SMF does not work well in iframes, I believe because it's coded that way for security purposes.  There are many threads on this subject, but I'm too ******ing lazy busy to look for them.

Quote from: Shambles on May 24, 2016, 04:00:00 PM

How not to ask for support.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Shambles

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver
Quote from: Shambles on May 24, 2016, 04:00:00 PM

How not to ask for support.

DarkTexas made an enquiry of tootcsen, who is unlikely to respond after 10 years absence.

What's your point?

Sir Osis of Liver

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Shambles

QuoteEat, drink, and be buried.

Where do I sign ;)

Irisado

DarkTexas, please avoid raising topics from ten years ago in the future.  If you need to refer to the old topic, please just link to it in your post, as I have done.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: