News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Always stay logged in not working

Started by BarbaraGraham, May 25, 2016, 09:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbaraGraham

Always stay logged in stopped working a couple of weeks ago.  We were on SMF 1.x, and I posted there and received the answer that we needed to upgrade.  We've done that now.  We're on 2.0.x, and always stay logged in still isn't working.  It works for a day or two or even a few days and then stops working again.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this?  Thank you.

Kindred

Does it stop working for everyone? Or just for you?

Are you clearing tge browser cookies or the server dstabase, sessions tsble?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

BarbaraGraham

Kindred, thanks for your response.

It stops working for everyone.  After the upgrade I cleaned my browser cookies for the forum, as recommended, and told everyone else that they should do that, too.  I have not done anything with the server database, sessions table.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deprecated

Ask all your members to clear their cookie for your forum, if they have restrictive cookie permissions ensure they have your site listed as "allowed" to store cookies. Then log out, clear the cookie, login again with settings -> forever. That should do the job.

Proderf

Im currently going through this problem as well. The quick login in works fine, but the normal login gives "An Error Has Occurred!
Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again." when anyone try to login. I changed the name of the cookies for the forum, and it worked the first time, but then it reverted back to the error message.

Sir Osis of Liver

You should start a new thread, this is a different problem.  Which SMF version are you running?  Does it happen in Curve theme?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: