News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Increase Admin's log-in time?

Started by Grammy, May 25, 2016, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grammy

I'm working all day on my forum, checking this, nudging that and, although I'm sure it's not as often as it feels, it seems that no time has passed at all before I have to log in again to access the admin area.  It's beginning to feel a bit tedious.  Is there any way to increase the amount of time that passes before I have to do that?  (I have an impatient personality.  You should see me in traffic.)   :-\

Kindred

You could edit the code...  but its a bad idea
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Grammy

Quote from: Kindred on May 25, 2016, 03:03:55 PM
You could edit the code...  but its a bad idea

I was afraid of that....  1.)  that I'd have to edit code and 2.) that it would be a bad idea. 

So...   (I'm sitting here laughing because I don't know if I'm supposed to ask you what code to edit or it you'd rather I didn't)....  Should I let it go and just live with it?   I can if I have to, I guess.   :D

Illori

you can disable the admin log in completely but it is really for your security to not disable it.

Grammy

Quote from: Illori on May 25, 2016, 03:21:53 PM
you can disable the admin log in completely but it is really for your security to not disable it.

Thanks, Illori.  I agree, that would be ill-advised.  I guess I just wish I had at least a 2-hour window, especially when working on that darned arcade.  That can really eat up the time.  It seems 60 minutes just flies by.   I was hoping there was some sort of validateSession string I could edit but, if that's not a good idea, I don't want to press the issue.   :)

Grammy

Actually...  I did do a small edit in the security file that should buy me an extra hour.  But I saved a clean, unedited backup, in case it goes wonky.  So the clock's running now, I'll see how it goes.

Thanks!   :)

Advertisement: