News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Allow user group to send PM to specific group only?

Started by B20, May 25, 2016, 08:15:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B20

Is it possible to allow a specific membergroup to send private messages only to a specific membergroup? For example, allow a banned membergroup to PM only moderators, but not users of other membergroups. If this isn't possible with the base package, does anyone know of a mod for it?

Kindred

No...  This is not possible with the core system and afaik,  there is no mod to do so either
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Biology Forums

I believe there is a mod created by arantor that does exactly this

Arantor

Nope. The mod just lets you enable sending to groups rather than individuals. It doesn't do anything to restrict sending otherwise.

Biology Forums

Right, I read the first sentence only. I like the idea of allowing banned members to have dialogue with staff, but then again, all you'd get are negative PMs. Currently I used Google forms, and the results have been very negative.

Illori

if they are banned they cant log in,  in the first place.

Biology Forums

Quote from: Illori on May 26, 2016, 09:02:57 AM
if they are banned they cant log in,  in the first place.

You'd need a system rewrite OR a form that works outside of SMF, like an iframe form operating from another server.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Deprecated

Add a contact form to your forum. See my signature for such a mod. It can be enabled for members, guests, both or neither. (Neither wouldn't be much use LOL.)

Advertisement: